Re: what linux needs

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 23:59 \__

> Scott W :
>> what linux needs to be able to conquer windows on the desktop is a
>> superior program to paint. let's be honest. paint is just too good. it's
>> the best app in the world and until it can be ported over to linux, you
>> lintards will be left in the dust
>
> Are you drunk?

Probably not. I actually found that rather funny, which was probably the
intent of the post. Personally, I am sick and tired of Kate. I need
something powerful like notepad. Type in the wrong string and voila! Your
whole work is corrupted owing to an Easter egg.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Microsoft has just bought a company whose software product manages photo
albums (think Google/Picasa rivalry, with Web-based, service-based album
sharing). Microsoft continues to imitate Google [1], but the imitation
entails little or no fruits (think MSN search whose usage declines). I have
just read that they might launch an attempt to challenge GBuy/eBay.

[1]
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/12/03/microsoft-imitate-google/

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
 12:00am  up 61 days  5:03,  11 users,  load average: 1.74, 1.73, 1.51