Re: [News] LinkSys Sireless WRT54G Routers (Re-)Converted to Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 15:15 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Linux hackers re-claim the Linksys WRT54G
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| As predicted, the open source community has come up with a way to
>>| convert VxWorks-based LinkSys wireless WRT54G routers to Linux. The
>>| process does not require hardware hacking, and installs a recent version
>>| of "DD-WRT micro."
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6352077661.html
>
> Hmm, I have one 54G and two 54GLs - it'll be interesting to see if I can
> do this :-)

Run xsnow and grab a photo to claim victory! Post the photo to
hilf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx once you are done. Microsoft is using Linux wireless
routers in-house. Maybe they even run tuxpaint sometimes, when Steve is not
watching (or when no metal chair is in sight). It could lead to dancing...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
Tasks: 171 total,   1 running, 152 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie