Re: Microsoft connections with Royal Bank of Canada

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft connections with Royal Bank of Canada
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:18:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 25 June 2006 15:22 \__

> The Royal Bank of Canada invested millions in SCO during their
> anti-Linux lawsuit

This is a serious accusation. While the BoC may have had SCO UNIX in their
possession at the time, it is evident that the relationships go deeper than
that. IBM have never got their chance at a subpoena to prove the
Microsoft-SCO payola. I wonder if they still funnel some money, despite the
litigious risks.

> Quote:
> ---------------
> Microsoft names new privacy chief
>
> Microsoft announced Monday that Peter Cullen, the corporate privacy
> officer for the Royal Bank of Canada, will be joining the software
> giant as its new chief privacy strategist. The top privacy officer has
> more than a decade of experience in the field, including establishing
> the Royal Bank of Canada's best practices for data handling in Canada
> and the United States, said the company in a statement.
> --------------
> End quote
>
> The article goes on to say that Cullen will work in the "Trustworthy
> Computing" division.
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2110-1009_22-1019988.html?tag=nl

Trustworthy? The last time I checked, Microsoft was sinking in terms of trust
earned from the public (they run this annual survey...). Sony likewise, due
to rootkits/DRM.

Tbe WGA controversies, the EULA, the broken promises (delivery deadliens,
features, security/patches), stealthy software installation and daily
phonecalls to Redmond will not help,... neither will the Get the Facts
campaign, the Yankee Group and the latest from Hilf. The public is not
blind, owing to popular blogs and community sites like Slashdot and Digg.
The control over the media is something that Microsoft is losing control of.
Google controls more information than Microsoft. And Scoble ditched.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
  6:05pm  up 58 days 23:19,  12 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.19, 0.17