Re: Only 1 in 3 Servers Sold Runs Windows

> No worries, Ian. They will earn some space with AdSense and publish
> "the real
> facts" to the curious minds. Billwg completely missed the point in the
> aside
> rebuttals and Larry continues being an apologist/skeptic. When will
> these
> folks wake up to the truth?
>
> By the way, I /strongly/ agree with you point about MSCE
> qualifications. That
> relates to the issue of momentum, or tide which is readily changing.

Baloney, roy.  From the IDC numbers, MS and Unix have roughly a third of
the market each and Linux, Netware, and IBM Mainframes have a third of
the remaining third.  Doubtless there are some other poor boys in the
group with next to no share each.  That puts linux a distant third,
fourth, or fifth depending on where the bones land each quarter.  That
is after they have shot their main wad with the IBM and HP/Dell push.
Linux may continue to erode unix business, but it is taking nothing from
Windows which continues to grow itself.