Re: Mozilla browser probelm - Pls help

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 06 March 2006 07:23 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 06 March 2006 06:39 \__

>>> Yes. Format drive, install linux
>>
>> There are more helpful answer than that, Peter.
>>
> Actually, no
>
> He posted his question in a linux group.
> If he had wanted help to solve his wintendo problem, he should get his
> little sister to help him find the proper groups

[friendly tone /] True, but why portray ourselves as zealouts? That aside,
the OP could be either mail or female, judging by the E-mail address.

I would like to add to my previous reply that Lobo's follow-up should be
looked at more carefully and thoroughly than mine. I fully departed from
Windows before its security complications resurfaced, so I am less than
properly familiar with malware. I would assume that his assessment is a
plausible one.

__/ [ Lobo ] on Monday 06 March 2006 07:13 \__

> Your computer may be infected with a virus or Trojan or one of dozens
> of other possibilities including registry problems.
>
> Follow the instructions here to clean your system.
> http://motherboards.mbarron.net/download/spyware.htm
>
> If you are unable to follow these directions without assistance, you
> would be better advised to hire a professional to service your
> computer.
>
> I gave up on fixing these problems and installed Linux recently. You
> might consider that option.
>
> Good luck.

If you become frustrated, I suggest you ask the hired professional to set you
up with a dual boot, i.e. both Linux and Windows XP on the same computer.
Try to familiarise yourself with this newer platform, which has evolved to
become better than Windows. Better now then later.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  7:20am  up 5 days  2:58,  13 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.49, 0.39