Re: The OpenOffice FUD Campaign has Begun

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Monday 06 March 2006 11:27 \__
> > On 2006-03-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> > something concerning:
> >> __/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 06 March 2006 09:57 \__

> >> ...He also hijacked the thread as I was looking forward to Larry's
> >> response. To add context, Larry argued that COLA participants do nothing
> >> but complain about software from Microsoft.
> >
> > Erik hijacks every chance he gets. And it nearly always ends up
> > inspiring more of the anti-M$ stuff that he's (and Larry's) claiming
> > because it will include some anti-linux/anti-OSS material at the same
> > time (sometimes more subtle than others) or some unsupportable pro-
> > monopoly line of hoo-hah.
> >
> > I noted when I saw it, too, that Erik decided he was Larry for the
> > purposes of "answering" (inserting of hijacking materials, falsehood,
> > diversion, supposition, advertising and FUD) your query.
> >
> > And I still say that Larry is seeing the symptom and calling it the
> > disease. The disease is, in reality, those like Erik, tab, Flatso,
> > DooFu$, Bilge et al. Take those away and watch the anti-M$ material
> > (the symptom) dwindle to near nothing.
> >
> > Now, back to Larry describing the high temperature brought on by the
> > sickness as though it _is_ the sickness......
> Hey, that last bit just ain't fair. Larry doesn't see everything as either
> black or white, so some folks here don't appreciate his presence. I am
> pleased enough to see an ex-Microsoft employee employing 2 SuSE machines and
> one Ubuntu machine, just as I do. It does say something.

Thanks Roy. We do live in an "analog world" and not everything is black
or white. I've said both good and bad things about both Linux and
Windows. I don't come into any thread prepared to defend or accuse any
OS. I simply post my opinions and observations with either OS.
Sometimes the Linux crowd may not like what I have to say and other
times the Windows crowd won't like it. I try to look at things open
minded but as soon as I say anything even slightly negative about
either platform someone immediately accuses me of bias. Even if what I
say is right and demonstrably true, it doesn't matter - I'm biased and
"looking for problems."

> By the way, sorry about the typos (subject line included). I am not moronic,
> but I just posted this reference in haste through a terminal while having
> breakfast. It was Slashdotted only minutes beforehand.

With the fast and furious posting going on here it's almost impossible
not to make errors or typos. I certainly don't bitch at anyone for it.
Simply because I do it myself.