Re: IP Shopping Spree

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:43:13 +0000
<dukgqr$plj$5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Jamie Hart ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 15:47 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>>> __/ [ chrisv ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 15:15 \__

>>> I have just filed a patent for bubblesort. Something tells me I'm
>>> gonna be rich!
>>>

>> Get rich off a bubblesort?  Not likely, it's about the slowest type of sort
>> there is.
>>
>> It's so bad that Microsoft are probably the only ones still using it.
>>
>> Think big, patent a shellsort or quicksort.
>
> ...Too complex to be used as hilarious patent examples.
>
> And you thought you had seen *everything*...
>
> http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6368227.html
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

They're going to have to rewrite that.  It's too comprehensible. :-)

The odd thing is that the description has the swing
swinging sideways, parallel to the tree branch; most
children (from the very few observations I've made over
the years, and having been one myself at some point in the
distant past :-) ) swing perpendicular to both branch and
chains, in a wide, circular arc.

The description also makes no mention of bumping into
the tree...

The good news: the reexamination certificate invalidated
all four claims.  (This reexamination cert is, for some
reason, not directly visible from the website; however
the PDF images show it at the very end of the document.)

There's hope for the USPO yet.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's still legal to go .sigless.