Re: Google Begs for More Spam Reports

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 15:23 \__

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:23:46 +0000, Brian Wakem <no@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Just published:
>>>
>>> http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/send-more-spam-reports/
>>>
>>> I fully agree on that one. Help Google dispose of garbage.
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
>>

>>I have sent them several and never had a reply, and no action has ever been
>>taken.
>
> You, the rest of the planet, everyone, who hasn't?
>
> BB

I once submitted the same request twice or thrice before receiving a reply
and  an  actual action (by a human) was taken. Requests were sent about  a
fortnight  apart and lastly, the reply was sent rather promptly. People in
this  group  have  urged me not to spend time  reporting  spam  (including
Google Groups abuse).

I  am  beginning to suspect that Google will only check spam reports if  a
certain  'magic' keyword is contained in the subject line or the body. Why
else  would  Cutts suggest codes that 'channel' the reports to  a  certain
group/department.

Notice  that in that blog entry (URL seen above), Cutts shows special  in-
terest in spam from the far east. One wonders if it's part of some plan to
further censor results in that region. (that's just a poor joke, actually)

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  3:20pm  up 3 days  7:57,  7 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.54, 0.34