Re: Get Anti-Virus, Lose Excel

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-6048709.html?part=rss&tag=6048709&subj=news

> ,----[ McAfee update exterminates Excel ]
> |
> | For a brief period on Friday, McAfee's security
> | tools killed more than viruses.
> |
> `----
>
> Reminds me of Sony's rootkit. Isn't that platform just
> lovely? It is self-destructive.

That's just plain stupid. The only bad software was McAfee.
It has never a reliable anti-virus. Anything McAfee says
should be suspect. They should have their asses sued.

Probably can't do that because if stupidity warranted
litigation, Linux would be up to it's collective asses
in lawsuits.  Which is where it should be.