Re: Iframe - does google index inframes ?

> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Monday 13 March 2006 10:04 \__

[..]

>> About time, I mean GNU/Linux has been taken so many lessons from MS
>> ;-) Some I wish they hadn't taken though. Does KDE still default to
>> the broken MS behaviour of the mouse / focus?
>

> Yes, it's one of the first things I must change at the start (when
> setting up new boxes). It's also one of the things which prevents many
> users from working effectively under Windows. Think about back and
> forth copy-and-paste from one windows to another (click to focus,
> highlight, then CTRL+C, move, click to focus, CTRL+V). I am sure some
> third-party software can *mend* it,

There is a focus follows mouse (MS PowerToy!), but since the windows pop
in front I don't use it.

> just as extensions exist to serve
> as pager for virtual desktops, transparency (cruft) and flexible WM's
> such as LiteStep. KDE can run under Windows if you set up Cygwin
> properly, but I hear it's rather hard.

I am not a KDE fan, one reason is that it tries to hard to be a MS clone,
the other is that some developers thought it was so funny to start all
applications with a K. With RISC OS this was a ! and there some reason for
it.

If I ever am going to install my own GNU/Linux box, it's probably going to
use Xfce (http://www.xfce.org/)

>> Care to explain how you can become Administrator under XP using a
>> floppy? As far as I know one needs a password to "mount" the NTFS
>> partition.
>
> As in most O/S's (OSen) (SuSE and Palm included) there are ways to
> recover administrator password. The only redemption is encryption of
> the filesystem. As regards Windows, search the Web for "windows lost
> admin password". Also see: http://snipurl.com/niv8

Yup, sums it up nicely. If you have access to a machine, things gets easy
:-D

--
John                Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/

Firefox RSS:    http://johnbokma.com/firefox/rss-and-live-bookmarks.html