Re: audio conversion

__/ [ tomas ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 23:36 \__

> Hi
> Can someone please help me out. I have this python script that converts
> .wav to .mp3. It's called audio_conv.py.
> I've using it for awhile now. I did a complete reinstall of my suse10
> (64bit) system and haven't been able to get it to work since.
> To the best of my knowledge I have the system the way it was.
> I'm able to play and rip mp3 from my cd collection, so I've gotten passed
> Novell suse unwillingness to play the mp3 file format.
> Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.
> tomas
What error message do you get hen you run the Python script? This is probably
the most cruial detail, which may help solve the issue.

Have you yet considered:

http://wav2mp3lame.sourceforge.net/download.html

It contains all source (worth porting) and could probably run under WINE.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wav2mp3lame/

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - I have never used that tool myself.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E