Re: Linux on Intel Macs

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 10:56 \__

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/84804/researcher-boots-linux-from-intel-mac.html

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| An IBM researcher working on operating systems, virtualisation and
>>| computer security has developed an application that enables Linux,
>>| and potentially Windows XP, to boot on an Intel Mac.
>> `----
>
> It would be much more interesting to see a hack to OS X so that it
> will boot on any x86 PC.

Well, you can already run Mac OS C on some non-Apple hardware, but I am sure
you have come across this, e.g.:

http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=328 (Video as streaming Flash)

This remains illegal (of course) and Apple are killing the bittorrents, which
encourage piracy (obviating the need for pricey hardware). An intersting
fact to point out is that Michael Dell asked Steve Jobs if he could sell OS
X with Dell hardware. Jobs declined.