Re: Linux on Intel Macs

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 15:19 \__

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/84804/researcher-boots-linux-from-intel-mac.html

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | An IBM researcher working on operating systems, virtualisation and
>> | computer security has developed an application that enables Linux,
>> | and potentially Windows XP, to boot on an Intel Mac.
>> `----
>

> Seems like a strange project. If someone buys an Intel based Mac they
> most likely paid a premium for that machine in order to run OSX on it.
> If they planed on converting it to a Linux box they would have bought a
> generic PC instead.

It's a vanity thing slash challenge in my humble opinion. Also a
proof-of-concept project. Let the engineers have their fun and prove Linux
to be so customisable that it can even fit gardware which is tailored for a
particular O/S from a single vendor.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
  3:20pm  up 8 days  7:57,  7 users,  load average: 2.01, 0.98, 0.66