Re: Plonk cross posting in kmail

  • Subject: Re: Plonk cross posting in kmail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:20:02 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ Tristan Miller ] on Friday 17 March 2006 10:57 \__

> Greetings.
>
> In article <4413103a$0$6977$ed2619ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alan
> Prescott wrote:
>> I'm getting sick of the aggressive half-wits cross-posting to numerous
>> ngs (esp. what's going on in alt.os.linux.suse atm). Is there any way of
>> setting up a rule to filter out postings being cross-posted to (say) more
>> than 3 ngs in knode?
>
> IIRC no, but there is a wishlist request for this on
> <http://bugs.kde.org/>.  You can vote for it, which may incite the
> developers to get to work on it.  In my experience, though, KNode
> development proceeds very, very slowly compared to many other
> applications.  If you can code and have the time to spare, maybe you could
> add this feature yourself.
>
> Regards,
> Tristan

Meanwhile, to compensate for the inability to flag crossposted items, make
sure you have headers in sight and inspect them carefully before replying,
let alone *reading*. Tap 'i' to ignore threads that appear to go on forever
(as in the case with crossposted topics). It doesn't help in case of a flood
though.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
  1:15pm  up 9 days  5:52,  7 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.55, 0.60