Re: New to Linux

__/ [ Geoffrey Clements ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 20:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Geoffrey Clements ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 10:15 \__

>>> Welcome!
>>>
>>> We'll help you if we can, this may be of use to you:
>>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>>
>> Or step ahead and read on the topic. Then, if questions are unanswered,
>> you may use the newsgroups and get less hostile (sorry Geoff) replies:
>>

> ooops - did I sound hostile? Didn't mean to - sorry.

I know, I know. *smile* I am probably too sensitive to such things. When I
see someone who is willing to go through the learning curve of a Linux
migration, I believe that (s)he needs to be taken for a walk hand-in-hand.
Anything that will resemble an elitism attitude will quickly raise the
notions from stereotypes and drive the newbie away.

Maybe I'm aware of such things because of some stuff I have seen in the past.
The reluctant newbie will be easily turned off, given the deterrent. I'm
quite heavily involved in C.O.L.A and I see idiots like kohlmann and Fuchs
do this all the time.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  5:20am  up 10 days 21:57,  9 users,  load average: 1.33, 1.34, 1.13