Re: A problem too jumbo-sized for Bill Gates to solve?

  • Subject: Re: A problem too jumbo-sized for Bill Gates to solve?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:36:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 06:09 \__

> All I can say is that I really love the latest round of Mac Ads.
>
> Jobs has been brilliant, poking fun at Bill Gates, Microsoft Windows,
> Viruses, and Microsoft "Fast Facts".
>
> The funny thing is that nearly everything being said in these ads can
> also be said about Linux - - - or any other version of UNIX.
>
> Microsoft can't like these ads.  At this point, the best Microsoft can
> hope for is that people will buy Laptops and Desktops from OEMs who are
> still purchasing "Courtesy Copies" of Windows XP.
>
> Every Mac ad is also a Linux ad.

Yes, in line with that "enemy of my enemy is my friend" tidbit. I hope you
have  had  a chance to look at these Mac ads, which are  available  online
somewhere under: http://www.apple.com/getamac/

To  say more, any ad that accentuates the negatives in Windows (as opposed
to  raving  about how 'cool' the Macs are) could motivate a move to  Linux
through apathy for Windows and its problems.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
  7:30am  up 12 days 14:27,  8 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.54, 0.61