Re: Google and Digg

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Friday 12 May 2006 23:28 \__

> wd <325@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 May 2006 13:04:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ wd ] on Friday 12 May 2006 12:55 \__

>>> I know very little about Irfanview and I believe(d) it is(was) just a
>>> free graphical viewer/editor for Windows. I installed it just once in
>>> 2004. I used my parents' Windows box and couldn't be bother to
>>> install GTK and the GIMP.
>>
>> Irfanview has plugins for the rest.  Great program.  The GIMP doesn't
>> run on my Windows installation so I had to uninstall it.  I've heard
>> that Irfanview runs great under WINE but I haven't tried it since
>> there is the GIMP...
>
> I am probably going to replace Irfanview with xnview :-D (I think Roy
> suggested it once?), or use them side by side.

*smile*  Did  I,  by any chance, mention xview (as in xv)?  I  don't  know
anything about a program named /xnview/, so I couldn't have mentioned that
name.  xview  is  only  a  viewer, which I believe  is  somehow  bound  to
ImageMagick.  Its command-line nature makes it scriptable, so you can  run
slideshow using 10-character 'scripts'. Very neat. Very powerful, once you
explore all the options.

To  defend  my  point,  if  you  view the following  page  on  my  site  <
http://www.schestowitz.com/introduction.htm  >,  then  you  will  see  the
output that comes from my simple ImageMagick scripts, which are simply run
as  cron  jobs, once in ten minutes. Back when I was using  Photoshop  and
Paintshop,  I couldn't have conceived so much function, which is  attained
so  easily.  The  GIMP is scriptable as well, much like Photoshop  and  it
plug-ins (which the GIMP can run by the way)...

Enough drivel... *smile*

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:20pm  up 15 days 23:17,  12 users,  load average: 1.06, 0.80, 0.63