Re: [News] Vista Bugs Bounty Hunt Begins

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 13 May 2006 17:36 \__

http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-6071924.html?part=rss&tag=6071924&subj=news

>> Only $100 per bug for a project of that scale?!?! Oh, well. I guess there
>> is a limited budget of one billion dollars on that bug hunt...
>
> I guess they aren't interested in finding them all.
>
> Proof there's an incentive to building buggy crapware. The same guys
> who screw it up can get paid for finding what they know they put in it.

See  my reply to Linonut. It's a total paradox. Break software at  daytime
(at work), then fix it at nightime (at home) to get a golden bunny.

If  there  was  a proxy, e.g. Windows developer creates a backdoor  for  a
friend  in the spyware industry, that'll be a separate matter  altogether.
Two  people make it harder for sustained corruption and they are easier to
expose,  which is why work in couple (or peer review) instills some  level
of /trust/. This new Microsoft strategy, much like their software, is inc-
ompetent at best.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  5:40pm  up 16 days  0:37,  12 users,  load average: 2.01, 1.86, 1.83