Re: Google in The Dalles--what's up?

__/ [ T.J. ] on Monday 15 May 2006 11:13 \__

>> __/ [ T.J. ] on Monday 15 May 2006 10:11 \__
>>

>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Opera as the browser?
>>
>> Are you trying to get Boren excited? *smile*
>>
>> Yes,   but  a  variant  thereof  (Nokia  give  it  a  native,   consistent
>> look-and-feel*).  Opera  also  do browsers for PDA's and the last  time  I
>> heard  of  it, The Nintendo wii is bound to have Opera. Take this  with  a
>> grain  of  salt because my memory might betray me. Opera, in general,  are
>> doing well on appliances.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> Opera announced the Nintendo Wii connection
> last week.
> http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/05/10/
> and announced a new partnership with Wind River today
> http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/05/15/
>
> That, together with the fact Opera seem to favour Nokia
> seems to all point in one direction.

Don't forget which countries Nokia and Opera come from. This must have played
a role. I suspect that the Nokia also uses QT (Palm/Access use GTK?), which
comes from Trolltech in Norway. America loses some momentum here...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
 11:20am  up 17 days 18:17,  8 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.53, 0.58