Re: To create a Forum

"David Cary Hart" <Deming2U@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje news:kh41k3-vd8.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 19 May 2006 13:12:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> opined:
__/ [ Miguel ] on Thursday 18 May 2006 21:24 \__

> Hello:
>
> Which could be the best alternative to create a Forum where the
> users can easily insert images, and there are not space problems?
>
> I was looking some services of gratuitous forums, but it seems
> that the best alternative can be to contract a service of payment.
>
> What services, in your experiences, are recommended in this case?

Are you looking for a service or a CMS to be installed? Packages
like vBulletin, PunBB and phpBB (all are FOSS) can handle the tasks
that you are mentioning. Images are better handled using off-site
references (HotLinking), for which you can use services such as
PhotoBucket (among many similar servers).

phpBB is extremely well designed. However, like all pre-packaged php
solutions, they are targets for exploits. You might consider
authentication in front of the forum entry (which is not always
possible).

--
Displayed Email Address is a SPAM TRAP
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com

Roy and David, thanks for your answers.

What do you think about a good service of Free Forum Hosting?

Do you know some good option?

--
Miguel M. Yalán
http://mmyv.com