Re: Google Web Toolkit

__/ [ asj ] on Thursday 18 May 2006 07:22 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> It retains good momentum and more services will come our way, which
>> obviate the need for desktop-bound software. That's a prime aim. Snatch
>> users from
>
> Hey, I'm all for the network is the computer ;-)

Why antagonise the inevitable vocation of modern computing? *smile*

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/google-web-toolkit-a-brief-review/
> http://opensourcereader.blogspot.com/2006/05/googles-ajax-web-toolkit.html

Oh, sorry. The confusion here iwas this: you were talking about the tools for
constructing Google Maps, whereas I was talking about the API's and the
openness which made some many nice tools available, e.g.
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2005/07/13/mapping-doomsday/ .

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Google_Web_Toolkit_GWT_for_Linux/1147889979/2

> Anyways, let the googling begin!

No Opera? At least you have that 'JRE pile' with Google Groups on top.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:40am  up 20 days 14:37,  11 users,  load average: 0.97, 0.71, 0.60