Re: Search Engines Want MySpace

On Tue, 23 May 2006 22:45:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Paul B ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 19:22 \__
>
>> On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:20:04 GMT, Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

<snip>

>Never been a sufferer yet. It's bloggers who can become a real pain
>(leeches?).

They are the 2nd worse.

>Change your pictures. Have some fun. Make them miserable.

I did on one or two, but it is a lot of hassle to rename, upload, wait
for them to notice and alter, then rename them back and reupload.

>He does indeed.

I have made friends with a number of the artists that appear on the
site. And in one case, I got to know the daughter of one (deceased)
artist.

>But so does Google... well, not at the moment though. Google
>puts us all to shame. Google is your (retarded) friend. *smile*

:)

>>>Er... I never suggested you were..

No, but the original statement was about myspace hotlinking (stealing)

>MSN is the biggest thief. Some much bandwidth devoured and so little given in
>return. That's especially true for technical sites, judging by MSN's
>clueless audience and userbase.

MSN groups are. PITA.

<snip>

>Put some innocent Flash clip as a trap.

no idea how

>When somebody HotLinks it, serve those teenagers some hardcore viedos that'll make them sob.

LOL
And what about the images that they already link to ?

>Flash is more versatile, but I suppose any GIF could be substituted with an animation, as
>well. Redirection might be another trick, but I suspect file extensions will
>intercept the effect.

they all link to jpgs :/

>        http://dirigibles.livejournal.com/75781.html

livejournal are another bunch of leechers.

>Best wishes,
>
>Roy

plh
Paul