Re: Search Engines Want MySpace

  • Subject: Re: Search Engines Want MySpace
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:45:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul B ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 19:22 \__

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:20:04 GMT, Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 23 May 2006 11:33:32 -0500, Paul B <lamewolf2004@xxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:

Never been a sufferer yet. It's bloggers who can become a real pain
(leeches?).

Change your pictures. Have some fun. Make them miserable.

>>>1: FYI all the artists that wrote to me are happy to have their images
>>>on the site. Some are even honored. Others have been written to and
>>>never heard back from.  All artists that are known have a direct link
>>>to their site.
>>>
>>>2: NO money is being made - I am promoting their work.

He does indeed. But so does Google... well, not at the moment though. Google
puts us all to shame. Google is your (retarded) friend. *smile*

>>>3: I am not stealing other peoples bandwidth.
>>
>>Er... I never suggested you were..

MSN is the biggest thief. Some much bandwidth devoured and so little given in
return. That's especially true for technical sites, judging by MSN's
clueless audience and userbase.

> sorry. Misread. me bad. If I can stop sneezing or coughing long enough
> and less stressed cos of the google tease then i'd be in a better
> frame of mind.
>
>>I was referring to the copyrights that MySpace claim over content appearing
>>on their servers, as I understand it. I wonder whether they'd include
>>material that isn't hosted on their servers but was hotlinked to from those
>>servers.

It's MySPACE, not MyMATERIAL. All your bases are (sic) belong to us.

> Like all these sites, they have a TOS - but when you complain, they
> ignore everything.

It's cheaper to run that way. The investors and creators are happier; not
Webmasters in your vicinity.

> May be if I replaced it with an X rated picture, they will remove it,
> but it is too much hassle.
> I'll wait till the hosting company fixes it, and if the billing dept
> contacts me for extra bandwidth charges then I will trll them to stick
> it where the sun don't shine.

Put some innocent Flash clip as a trap. When somebody HotLinks it, serve
those teenagers some hardcore viedos that'll make them sob. Flash is more
versatile, but I suppose any GIF could be substituted with an animation, as
well. Redirection might be another trick, but I suspect file extensions will
intercept the effect.

        http://dirigibles.livejournal.com/75781.html

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 10:35pm  up 26 days  5:14,  11 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.84, 0.77