Re: [News] Open Addict: Boycott Novell

spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> I'd like to believe PK has outsmarted all of us! At the moment I just
wait
>> and watch. Others have spontaneously wiped SUSE off their servers and
>> workstations.
>
> Well, that's a rather extreme and stupid thing to do, isn't it.
> The software works, they're just throwing their toys out of the pram
because
> mummy won't buy them a packet of cadburies buttons.
>
> If they WANTED to do something to teach suse, then wiping it and using
> something else isn't going to do it.
>
> Doing as you say, and releasing an alternative, like "fedora", "whitebox"
> and "pinktie" did when redhat clamped down on using the redhat name and
logo
> in clone distributions a few years ago

I'm not wiping SuSE off my servers/workstations for exactly that reason: it
works. I don't care who they climbing into bed with, as long as the
licensing doesn't change as far as *I* am concerned.
--
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org