Re: tHIS tIME WE sHALL NOT fAIL lINUX tHEIVES

  • Subject: Re: tHIS tIME WE sHALL NOT fAIL lINUX tHEIVES
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 14:34:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ William Poaster ] on Saturday 04 November 2006 14:00 \__

> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 05:02:17 -0800, sTEVE.bALLMER wrote:

> Added to leafnode's filters.

I think he was being sarcastic. Have a look at the headers and the E-mail's
domain name in particular.

I am beginning to think that Microsoft's plan might be to use Novell to
corner Red Hat through IP FUD. Then, MS will stab Novell in the back. I am
not too sure about Canonical because, at the time, they said somee good
stuff about Oracle and the managers seem to be talking among themselves
(Novell has been flirting with MS since /MAY/).

Community distros may be the only ones we can trust. I am leaning towards
Debian because Ubuntu is becoming a little too industrialised. Slackware and
others are probably not sufficiently mature and cutting-edge. Then there's
Red hat... been an angel all along for all I can see. Too many companies
want to take advantage of free labour. Maybe sidling with the GNU/FSF isn't
too radical anymore. Much of what they have been saying seems to make more
sense at moments such as this. Even Stallman's bashing of prior art actions
and filing by the OSDL doesn't sit right. It can be used by MS as proof of
admission or acceptance of IP. No bloody algorithm should be patentable.
This is science, not art. To Microsoft and the likes of them, this is money,
not ethics.

I'm feeling very confused.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)
Mem:    514480k total,   482752k used,    31728k free,     4668k buffers