Re: Novell/MS/RH/Groklaw/SCO/FUD!

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:16:08 +0000

> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Saturday 04 November 2006 09:56 \__
>
> > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20061103201234813
>
> Heh. So it's not just me who has begun thinking Red Hat.
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2006-11/msg00121.html

well, whats the worst that could happen if they did become like sco?
novel has made some contributions to the kernel, but if they went like
sco, they can't claim they did anything more than that. novel has an os
of their own, but if they were forced to back just that then they'd go
bust.

there was a section missed out of the GPL3,

"if one so much as works against the gnu then one should fore fit any
future use of gpl software".

other than that, i think mono is the only useful thing novel has
contributed, and that's not unique, there's dotgnu.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.ednevitable.co.uk
just another java person