Re: [News] Ubuntu-Vista Comparison

> Ubuntu Edgy Eft vs Microsoft Windows Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There is no conclusion. I know that if I try to write one, I will
> | tell you Vista is worthless and Ubuntu is software nirvana. Therefore,
> | make up your own minds instead of being mindless un-opinionated
> | Vogons.
> `----
>
> http://everythingelse.wordpress.com/2006/11/03/ubuntu-edgy-eft-vs-microsoft-windows-vista/
>
> Another Linux distro has emerged:
>
> Absolute OS 11.0.2
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Absolute OS is a fast Slackware derivative Linux distribution that
> | uses a Icewm and ROX-Filer window/file manager combination. It
> | comes with Firefox, The GIMP, MPlayer, K3B, Azureus, Gaim, Frostwire,
> | Gftp, StarDict, and many other titles all set up and ready to run.
> `----
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/absolute-os/?branch_id=66865&release_id=240189

Good fucking christ.  There are enough linux distributions out there.

There are only three important questions when considering any distribution:

1. does it support my hardware natively, or do I have to fuck with it
2. is it's kernel revision stable
3. can I live with whatever package/update system it has

If the answer isnt a resounding, glorious "yes" to each one of these,
then USE SOMETHING ELSE.  And if that something isn't linux, that's cool.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net