Re: Roy calm down man

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Friday 03 November 2006 03:30 \__

> In article <1529375.eCzMxR7kH8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yes, a fine vacation. Lufthansa lost my suitcase (it's a pattern), but all
>> in all I enjoyed being offline for 4 days.
>
> Not sure if this would help outside the US, but it might be adaptable:
>
> <http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2006/09/expensive_camer.html>

Yesterday my dad told me that they had been shipping the suitcase all over
the place, even Philadelphia. My ten year old sister is still waiting for
her gifts...

This whole scenario could become the basis for a small-scale lawsuit and a
settlement. Given the scale of this (my parents had the same problem a
couple of months ago, without compensation), this could in principle develop
into a class action case. It's a deliberate and systematic thing that's
affecting many passengers. My colleague here was not surprised when I told
him LH lost the baggage. His friends attested to the same experience.