Re: [News] $100 Linux Laptop Production Begins This Year

The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
> <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 2 Nov 2006 06:45:19 +0000
> <vogo14-b74.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> First $100 laptops to roll out this year
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=550610574&rid=-50
>>
>> These things could really revolutionise education.  I hope they appear
>> on sale at a reasonable price here (ie., the same price).

Only a true COLA tightwad would hope to utilise the development of
laptops for under privileged children to save himself a few quid.

I can see loads of bearded loonies on the subway cranking their handles
:) LOL.

> Wanna bet the first question people will ask will be
>
> "Will it run Windows XP?"

Apparently it will... J

> (Gads, the stupidity in that. :-) )
>
> If a salesman can answer that question, he's earned his
> commission.  The good news: Linux is better than XP in
> a fair number of areas, and one can work around most of
> the differences.
>
> Besides, how many younguns are going to want to run AutoCAD
> anyway?  At least wait for them to reach puberty. :-)

I cant wait to find out what "Windiot RTFM you trolling retard" is in Swahili.

--
San Francisco:
	A nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to tie my shoelaces there.