Re: [News] $100 Linux Laptop Production Begins This Year

begin  oe_protect.scr
> First $100 laptops to roll out this year
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The first US$100 laptop PCs for the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)
>| program will roll off production lines by the end of this year,
>| and mass production will start in the first quarter of 2007,  Computer
>| said Tuesday.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| The US$100 machine will run the Linux OS on a 500MHz microprocessor
>| from Advanced Micro Devices, will be wireless broadband-ready, and
>| contain 128M bytes of DRAM and 500M bytes of flash memory for storage.
>| The only major component missing will be a big hard disk, according to
>| the group.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=550610574&rid=-50

These things could really revolutionise education.  I hope they appear
on sale at a reasonable price here (ie., the same price).

Yes, I've now got this nice little apartment in New York, one of those
L-shaped ones.  Unfortunately, it's a lower case l.
		-- Rita Rudner