Re: [News] What is Microsoft Hiding So Religiously?

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Wednesday 15 November 2006 18:46 \__

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:39:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz  wrote:
>
>> By the way, the Chinese, German and French government can confirm that
>> there are deliberate back doors (with undocumented protocols for access,
>> surely).
>
> Do you have any links ..

http://www.heise.de/ct/english/98/08/042/

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Windows_Might_Become_a_US_Government_Thingy#c2683628

http://www.geocities.com/~budallen/backdoor.html

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2006/02/uk-wants-backdoor-in-next-version-of-microsoft-windows/

...Among many more. A large number of these talks about espionage and back
doors to filesystems (and master keys to encryption) are taking place behind
closed doors, for obvious reasons. A more concrete proof and admission would
be hard to gather because it would encourage the 'criminals' (we are all
assumed to be pirates and criminals from the get-go, remember?) to take
measures which stifle spying.

I don't think we should be surprised at all. The government does not deny
wiretapping, spying on phone conversations, E-mail, non-encrypted HTTP...
all to prevent terrorism and such. Last week the UK government arrested a
woman for having a particular file on her hard-drive. Even my own activity
on the Web has been monitored for quite some time (I was told so).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
Tasks: 146 total,   2 running, 142 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie