Re: [News] 5 Reasons You Need FC6 Linux

__/ [ Peter Hayes ] on Tuesday 14 November 2006 17:22 \__

> In <r%66h.19721$Zy3.14922@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Jim  wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
>> moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>>
>>> A networking pro lists five reasons you need Fedora Core 6 Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Gist ]
>>> `----
>>>

>> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?
>> command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9004905&source=NLT_NET&nlid=27
>>
>> But I don't /need/ bleeding-edge, experimental software which is
>> designed and released with developers and testers in mind. Hate to
>> piss on your cornflakes and all, but what I want/need is production
>> software on a production platform, that works. SuSE 9.2 Pro is it. The
>> software is (mostly) stable, the core platform is solid; in fact, if
>> there were a jumping point for a SuSE fork, IMHO 9.2 would be it.

There were some related domain name registered, as I pointed out before. It's
inevitable at this stage, IMHO.

> I used SuSE 8.2 for some time and it was by far the most rounded Linux
> release at the time.
>
> If it's SuSE's .2 releases when they sort the wrinkles out maybe 10.2
> will be a killer - unless this sidetrack via Redmond doesn't ruin
> everything.

I use 8.1 at work and 9.2 at home. Both are rock-solid, comprehensive, and
well-integrated (including the GNOME-KDE intersection).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.