Re: [News] Gates STILL Mentally Isolated from Real World

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 11 November 2006 23:08 \__

>>> TV will be shut in 10 years, says Bill Gates
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://bink.nu/Article8798.bink

>> Hahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahha!
>>
>> Wish I could think of some clever rebuttal, but I'd hate to see it
>> endlessly repeated on some TV channel.

> Mr. Gates, with all due respect, grew up in a 6-bedroom house and
> gained access to high-profile computing facilities as a child. He's
> completely disconnected from the rest of the world & society (unless
> Wallstreet brokers from Connecticut, who believe that people can be
> charged $3000 for a PC, actually count).

I'm still waiting for his "eradicate spam" prediction to come true:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/24/gates_spam_death_prediction/
http://cavemanog.livejournal.com/29316.html

Then there's this corker; "he also predicted that Microsoft search
technology would soon outpace that of its rival":

Or the classic "640K ought to be enough for anybody.", although he
denies saying it:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Gates

From that same page, I was delighted to discover that one of my
favourite authors (Douglas Adams) shares my opinion of Gates:

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour
to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly
ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
technology, led them into it in the first place."

Maybe someone as clueless as Gates should just stop making
predictions, but then he doesn't always get it wrong:

"What is holding things back right now is software," Mr Gates said.

He got *that* right.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software halves.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5
 10:10:40 up 7 days, 10:47,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.44, 0.47