Re: out of control patent system ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 25 November 2006 13:50 \__

> "Some of the largest companies in the United States are facing off in
> a Supreme Court case over gas pedals, with one side hoping the
> justices will put the brakes on an out-of-control patent system"
>
> "The ambiguity, critics say, has led to an explosion of patents as
> companies stake claims on everything in sight, from strategies for
> avoiding taxes to golf ball designs"
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yaa892

http://www.baynews9.com/content/9/2006/11/25/201873.html?title=Businesses%20Split%20on%20Patent%20Case

Be very afraid, Doug. I have heard that several companies have liaised and
jointly filed a patent for "a method for posting messages about patent
trolls". They could soon elbow you out of their way while they continue to
silently patent the wheel.

"A method for warning a patent opposer about looming threats..."

/dev/ahhh... never mind...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 127 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie