Re: [News] Google Shuts Down Open Source Project

  • Subject: Re: [News] Google Shuts Down Open Source Project
  • From: NoStop <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:27:04 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hadron Quark wrote:

> flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 06:12:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Google has sent a cease and desist.
>>>
>>> gaia - opensource 3D interface to the planet
>>>
>> I'm sure all 3 people using gaia are going to be upset.
>>

> What gets me is the way people think its a bad thing for google to stop
> these clowns stealing all their innovative work.  nice one google : keep
> the nerds away.

Google should be the last company in this world to complain about someone
stealing its innovative work. It's whole business plan has been based on
scouring the Net to pickup other's innovative work! They even go so far as
to include my most innovative landscaping techniques within their photos
used in Google Earth and I certainly can't remember giving Google
permission to do that. "Intellectual property rights" is just plain
bullshit from the get-go. No one, let along any corporation can possibly
claim property rights on technology or thought that has only come about
though generations of previous social innovation. But of course the
neoliberals and their quest to commercialize the world for their own
private greed has made this silliness law. Those laws need to be struck
down.

Cheers.

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
system."  McAfee