Re: [News] Google Shuts Down Open Source Project

Ian Semmel wrote:

> "Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Google has sent a cease and desist.
>>>
>>> gaia - opensource 3D interface to the planet
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://gaia.serezhkin.com/index.html
>>
>> I didn't think that reverse engineering was wrong?
>
> Sometimes it's called theft. Stealing the intellectual property of others.

What, now Google owns the Earth? Once I saw a photo of MY house on Google
Earth. I don't remember giving Google permission to photograph my house.
The landscaping around my property was MY creation and I own the IP rights
to that creative layout. Do you think Google is in infraction on my IP
rights? Where does all this bullshit end?

Cheers.

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
system."  McAfee