Re: Ubuntu-based Media Center Distro

__/ [ thibeaz@xxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 23 November 2006 03:39 \__

http://www.debianadmin.com/ubuntu-multimedia-center-a-new-ubuntu-base...http://tinyurl.com/y9fxfx

> Hey Roy about Ubuntu Multimedia Center,
> I am the creator of this distro but I need your help. could you spread
> the word around that a couple of mirrors are being setup and a domain
> for ubuntu multimedia center. the url I am hoping to be is
> ubuntumc.org. I still have to make a payment before I get the domain
> but it should be very soon and ohh yeah when everything is running
> again be sure to look for RC2 with mythtv

Hi,

I am not sure if there's a way of promoting 'exciting' details such as "a
domain is being set up" or "there are a couple of mirrors". Maybe if you
appended "2.0", "amazing" or "Kevin Rose" to the distribution name then it
could/would hit some big pages. *wink*

If you need another mirror, I have a box on a 100Mbit/sec connection in the
UK. Good luck in any case!