Re: Vista Could be Further Delayed, MS Could Blame Europe as an Excuse?

  • Subject: Re: Vista Could be Further Delayed, MS Could Blame Europe as an Excuse?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:43:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 09 October 2006 08:00 \__

> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Analysts split over Vista launch date
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A delay for Vista now would be convenient for Microsoft, Gartner
>> | analyst David Mitchell-Smith argued, because "when people start
>> | complaining about the delay, Microsoft can reasonably say 'don't
>> | blame us' and point the finger at the EC."
>> `----
>
> Some small credit for the delay goes to the Firefox team, that forced
> Microsoft to move developers away from Vista to work on IE.   Something
> they surely wouldn't have done otherwise.  (In case anybody thinks that
> monopolies are good for the consumer.)

I once read about XBox developers who were being team-swapped to assist Vista
(possibly the same with Microsoft's 'Photoshop killer', IIRC). There are
managers involved in those switches as well (some swapped, some just left).
Do you have something to support this assessment that the IE team (that
which was (re-)assembled after 5 years of ignoring Web woes) squeezed talent
and expertise out of Windows? If so, this may explain the "development
crash" of Vista, as Ballmer recently referred to it.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
roy      pts/6                         Sun Oct  8 21:08 - 21:17  (00:09)