Re: [News] One Guy Administers 279 Linux Workstations in School

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Jim ] on Thursday 05 October 2006 09:52 \__
>
>> BearItAll came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago
>> in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

>> of

>>> That is true, I teach my users to write all their documents with minimum
>>> formatting, heading levels, simple bullets etc. Then when they are ready
>>> apply a style. It makes it easier for them and produces a better look when
>>> the style is applied.
>>>
>>> Simmilar to the way people used to use the UNIX word processors.
>>
>> Same here. Wordprocessing in Kate, typesetting in OOo or straight to
>> postscript.
>
> I typically start with a simple text editor (Kedit and Kwrite/Kate). Later I
> move it onto something else which handles formatting. This has many
> advantages, speed and portability included.

All word processors have text export for portability issues.

I might consider using something like emacs ORG mode, but to write
anything of any size in an unstructured text editor is bordering on
insanity and leads to, arr that explains it, rambling unstructured bullshit.

--
clitoris, n:
	A haired trigger.