Re: LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceeding 03-10-06

Peter KÃhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Not replying to posts gives zero indication of how many people actually
>>> *read* them, or how many may have plonked them. There are over a thousand
>>> subscribers to COLA, most of whom never post, so how can you possibly
>>> have any idea how many people have kilfiled the News posts?
>>
>> Call it intuition. Based on how many new names appear and say "WTF is
>> all this?"
>>

> To which you can put a "flatfish" tab nearly at once
> This proves nothing. It would rather *disprove* your claim, since flatfish
> feels the need to bolster this idiotic claim as nobody is going to buy it
>
>> And the replies do give some indication.
>>
>> But the bottom line is : what do the posts give which a digest doesn't?
>>

> Not your problem. Ask your little sister to set up a killfile for you.
> Problem solved, you will no longer see any [news] posts

err, I did. & Since I use Gnus, I can pretty much guarentee they're
pretty much more substantial than anything you can do on your win98
box. Unless youve mastered cygwin of course. Which  I doubt.

>> The digest could have been a saviour, but for some reason mark insists
>> in listing all titles without links and then just concatenating all roys
>> OPs together complete with headers, and Roy's famous misinterpretations
>> - thus totally removing any advocacy value they might have had.
>>
>> Title : link
>>
>> what could be simpler?
>>

> What could be simpler than acceping the fact that most advocates in cola
> *want* it to be the way it is
> That you wintrolls have problems with that is just icing on the cake

But they dont. Thats the problem.

No one with any sense could want that. Oh. I see.

--
This is a scsi driver, scraes the shit out of me, therefore I tapdanced
and wrote a unix clone around it (C) by linus