Re: LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceeding 03-10-06

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:50:42 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Just look at the replies to his spam News posts. It sums it all up
>>> really.
>>
>> Not replying to posts gives zero indication of how many people actually
>> *read* them, or how many may have plonked them. There are over a thousand
>> subscribers to COLA, most of whom never post, so how can you possibly have
>> any idea how many people have kilfiled the News posts?
>
> Call it intuition. Based on how many new names appear and say "WTF is
> all this?"

Most of whom are bogus. Do you really not get that?

> And the replies do give some indication.

Very little, and still no proof that hundreds have killfiled the posts.

> But the bottom line is : what do the posts give which a digest doesn't?

Well at least we don't get idiot's quoting *the entire digest* just to add
a few words.

> The digest could have been a saviour, but for some reason mark insists
> in listing all titles without links and then just concatenating all roys

That's what  normal digest is. It's not intended to be a substitute for
the posts, it's a collection of posts made, all in one for convenience.

> OPs together complete with headers, and Roy's famous misinterpretations

That's *your* interpretation.

> - thus totally removing any advocacy value they might have had.
>
> Title : link
>
> what could be simpler?

Let's see an example, then, if you think you're so much better at it.

--
Kier