Re: [News] Microsoft is a Bad Monopoly. Is Adobe Too?

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:04:09 GMT, ed wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:34:18 +0100
>
>> Good Monopoly vs. Bad Monopoly
>
> For those *HATE* the start times of Acrobat on Windows give Foxit a go,

What start times?  Since Acrobat 7, Startup has been 1 - 2 seconds.

> it's much faster and does not require updates.

It would be very surprising if there were no security flaws in it
whatsoever.  It's just got a small enough market that it's not drawn any
atention to it yet.

> Also I believe there is
> now an exploit for Acrobat Reader. It's much more like xpdf anyways in
> terms of zippyness.

Not that I like Adobe all that much, but the fact is, xpdf has had
vulnerabilities too... In anything that complex, with that much parsing, it
seems inevitable that there are flaws waiting to be discovered.