Re: Zune Set to Become Another Budget Drainer?

  • Subject: Re: Zune Set to Become Another Budget Drainer?
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Oct 2006 13:56:57 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Jobs: Apple Not Worried About Zune
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In a question-and-answer session with Newsweek, Apple CEO Steve
> | Jobs slammed Microsoft's Zune music player, saying he was not
> | impressed with the Redmond company's entrant. Jobs said the music
> | sharing abilities of the player were too complicated and slow.
> `----

Wow - This post was it. It's the one that changed everything. As soon
as the post about Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple who sells the iPod,
saying that he's not impressed with the Zune things went crazy out here
in Boston.

I'm looking out the window here and I see 10's, maybe 100's of
thousands of Windows users throwing their PC's out the Window. They
were turning over busses and cabs as they all ran down the streets
waving 'Live CDs' of distros that they downloaded.

But that's only here in Boston. The television in the lobby was
switched to CNN where they have a choppers hovering over Los Angeles,
Chicago and New York City. It's total mayhem... almost like "War of the
Worlds" but only 10x more intense. Wait... there's breaking news coming
in from the reporter in Times Square. It looks like there's a crowd of
people carrying a giant 50-foot penguin on their shoulders all wearing
sandals and singing Kumbaya.

Yes-sirreee. This huge story about Steve Jobs not being impressed by
the Zune will forever be remembered in history as *THE* story that
caused millions, if not billions of people to forever dump windoze and
switch to Linux.

Silly me because I actually thought that this story had absolutely
nothing to do with Linux whatsoever.