Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> tjb wrote:
>>> Buy a clue.  If he cuts down the volume, he may well cut out
>>> something you'd want to see.
>> The point is that the line has to be drawn somewhere.
>>
> Why?
>
> Please, I'm serious, why do we have to draw a line?

It should be obvious if you're not a raving loony.

>> Currently, Roy *isn't* posting a million articles every day, and thus he's
>> very probably (in effect) cutting out something I'd want to see.
>
> If he's posting all the news he can find, them he isn't missing out
> anything.  Please don't set up any more wonky strawmen, it doesn't
> work.

Let people find their own news : all Roy does is steal links and
deprive the originating sites of hit count.

>> Would
>> you, on this logic, conclude that I would like to see Roy post a million
>> articles a day?
>
> If Roy wants to post a million articles a day, I'd have no

See? You're clearly certifiable. This is a discussion newsgroup not a
news RSS feed. Big difference.

> objections. I'd rather he posted more linux ones and less windows
> ones, but I wouldn't go so far as to whine about it like you and
> Hadron do.

And loads of others.

>> No.  There must be a cut-off point.
>
> Why?

Barmy.

>> I am arguing that he is already exceeding it.
>
> And doing a piss poor job of it.

No : makes sense to anyone but the zealots.

--
"And spellchecker won;t help." : Roy Schwestowitz from comp.os.linux.advocacy.