Re: [News] Linux (WinE) Takes Another Stride Towards Windows Compatibilities

begin  oe_protect.scr
Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Mark Kent :
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Wine 0.9.24 released
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1829
>>>
>>> Probably best for gamers and those who temporarily cling on to old
>>> proprietary applications amidst a migration (and a conceptual shift).
>>>
>>> Some time ago I spotted the following:
>>>
>>> http://padik.blogspot.com/2006/10/win4bsd-product-to-run-windows-on.html
>>>
>>>         Win4BSD Product to Run Windows on FreeBSD/PC-BSD Desktop
>>
>> I'm not sure that there's anything from the windows world which I'd like
>> to run, now.  A few years ago, there were applications, but these days,
>> the linux world has everything you need.
>
> Except CS Source? Proprietary crap still has me enthralled as far as
> gaming goes, although vdrift has a few hours logged.

Although I've been gaming for many years, I've never been big on
investing thousands in it.  I made a personal decision to play only
games which would run on Linux long ago, and I've been perfectly happy
with that.  Of course, I'm a little older now, with kids, a more senior
job, doing more travelling than ever, part-time role too (School
Governor) and so on, so I do nowhere near as much gaming as I once
would've done.

Even so, reaction quake is good enough for me :-)

Never say you know a man until you have divided an inheritance with him.