Re: [News] Microsoft Already Works on XP SP4 (AKA Vista SP1)

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Already Works on XP SP4 (AKA Vista SP1)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:52:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Monday 16 October 2006 15:45 \__

> "Oliver Wong" <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Microsoft puts the post-Vista wheels in motion
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> management
>>> `----
>>
>>    Wait, I don't get it... Is this XP SP4, Vista SP1, or Vista+1? Can you
>> clarify this, Roy? Your headlines are confusing me. I can't tell which
>> names are your invention, and which are the proper names that Microsoft
>> decided on.
>>

>>> This name may be an implication that Vista is not satisfactory [1], as
>>> judged
>>> by Microsoft's own eyes.
>>
>>    That's not what it implies to me. Software development houses tend to
>> think a few versions ahead. Eclipse 3.3 was being planned while 3.2 was
>> still in release candidate stage. Sun is accepting proposals for feature
>> requests in Java 1.7, although 1.6 has not yet been released. Sony is
>> already working on the PS4, and the PS3 isn't out yet.
>
>     Further evidence, and perhaps an indication of double standard, Firefox
> 2 isn't out yet, but Mozilla is already planning Firefox 3. Does this imply
> that Firefox is not satisfactory, as judged by Mozilla's own eyes?
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dbdefeccb60026f2

SP is not a subsequent revision (version). It's a fix/mod. Mozilla isn't yet
working on 2.0.1 ARAICT.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Kernel panic - more exciting than being /.'ted
roy      pts/9                         Sun Oct 22 13:52 - 13:52  (00:00)