Re: [News] USA Today Criticises Digital Restrictions Mess (DRM)

  • Subject: Re: [News] USA Today Criticises Digital Restrictions Mess (DRM)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:37:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ arachnid ] on Tuesday 17 October 2006 02:50 \__

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:01:17 +0000, High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> About a year and a half ago, I got my daughter the Creative
>> Zen, an "iPod" clone.  It works fine, cost me half of what the
>> iPod cost, came with a significantly larger hard drive.
>
> Yeah, I looked at an iPod, looked at the Vision:M for about the same
> price, and bought the Vision:M. I've been real happy with it.
>
> For an HD-based device it's amazingly robust. It's fallen off the
> dashboard a few times and bounced around the violently shaking floor of a
> freightliner until I got around to stopping hours later, and never
> glitched on me the whole time.

I used to be using my Palm as an MP3 player. The SD cards hold all the data
and can be interchanged at ease. Two bird with one stones. Get a PDA, enjoy
an MP3 player. Some prefer a phone as well, but I started boycotting
cellphones 3 years ago. Samw with TV, to an extent...