Re: [News] Linux and Misconceptions (as an Adoption Barrier)

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux and Misconceptions (as an Adoption Barrier)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:37:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 16 October 2006 08:48 \__

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2006/09/27/218788/Mobile+Platforms+Linux+--+a+land+of+misconceptions.htm
>> http://tinyurl.com/sonba
>>

> They're increasingly popular, for sure.  I rather like my Linux phone,
> the Motorola A680.

Maybe they should add an amendment to the GPLv2. All Linux-powered device
must be shipped with a Tux sticker. Linux cannot advertise itself and
exclaim its existence. Why should it? Brainwash is wasteful. It's damaging
to society as a whole.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://en.opensuse.org
roy      pts/9                         Sun Oct 22 13:52 - 13:52  (00:00)