Re: [News] If Gaming is Your Thing, Vista May Disappoint

  • Subject: Re: [News] If Gaming is Your Thing, Vista May Disappoint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:06:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Monday 16 October 2006 02:03 \__

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On 15 Oct 2006 09:03:58 -0700, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Vista RC 2 gaming with Nvidia not there yet
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35084
>>
>> I'm certain there are scenarios with poorer performance right now, but
>> these are all beta drivers.  Wait for the final versions.
>>
>> [deleted more reposts]
>
> Yup... just wait... it'll outperform XP and everything else... You'll
> see... The final version... maybe fixpak #4 will fix everything...

Wait for WinFS...

Wait for SOA...

Wait for... the wonderful features:

        Like the EULA that's posted at the 90th minute

        Digital 'Rights' 'Management' (or Restrictions Mess)

I'm still waiting. But what for...? Ha! SUSE 10.2. Just like SLED 10, only
for free... and more cutting-edge.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | One, Two, Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
Tasks: 120 total,   2 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie