Re: Winodows Evangelist/Fanatic (Pirillo) Foresees the Rise of Competing Platforms

  • Subject: Re: Winodows Evangelist/Fanatic (Pirillo) Foresees the Rise of Competing Platforms
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:52:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 14 October 2006 20:06 \__

> I was down at the local Apple store today.  Asked them how business had
> been since the release of the Macbook.  They said they couldn't keep up
> with demand.

Look at what they do in Europe...

Apple's EU sales are thrice as nice

,----[ Quote ]
| The European business of Apple Computer had sales of $4.1
| billion (£2.2 billion) in the 12 months to the end of September
| -- more than the combined total for its 2002, 2003 and 2004
| financial years.
`----

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2095-2415362,00.html

Also hot on campus (surely in Berkely as well).

Students are Mac-in' it

,----[ Quote ]
| Dude, you're getting a Dell! Well ... maybe not any more. According
| to the Office of Information Technology (OIT), 45 percent of
| computers  purchased this year were Macs, more than in any
| previous year. In 2003, when this year's seniors arrived
| on campus, just 15 percent of them chose Macs.
`----

http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2006/10/12/arts/16162.shtml

If I recall correctly, your wife uses a MacBook.